Subash was born in Kavrepalanchok, Nepal, in 1985. He received his M.Sc. (Tech) degree (2012) and D.Sc. (Tech) degree (2017) in the field of Radio Science and Engineering from Aalto University, Finland. During his Ph. D, he was involved in several projects with European Space Agency (ESA) where he studied characterization methods for Schottky diodes and dielectric materials for millimeter wave and terahertz applications. He joined Submillimeter Wave Advanced Technology (SWAT) group since August 2019 as a NASA Postdoctoral Fellow and is currently working with Dr. Goutam Chattopadhyay on design, fabrication and testing of submillimeter wave instruments and antennas for planetary and cometary applications.
- Ph. D in Radio Engineering - Aalto University, Finland (2017), Advisor: Prof. Antti Raisanen
- M.Sc in Radio Science and Engineering - Aalto University, Finland (2012)
- B.E in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Kathmandu University, Nepal (2008)
Millimeter-wave and terahertz instruments and antennas for planetary and cometary applications
- NASA Postdoctoral Fellow, Submillimeter Wave Advanced Technology (SWAT) Group, Jet Propulsion Laboratory (2019-present)
- Post Doctoral Researcher, Department of Radio Science and Engineering, Aalto University, Finland (March - September 2017)
- Researcher/Ph. D Candidate, Department of Radio Science and Engineering, Aalto University, Finland (2012-2017)
- NASA Postdoctoral Program Fellowship, August 2019.
- Doctoral School Scholarship, fully funded position from Jan. 2015 to Dec. 2016
- Best M.Sc. thesis of the year 2012 award by Finntesting Society, Finland in the category: Quality of Measurement and Testing
- S. Khanal, T. Kiuru, A. Y. Tang, M. A. Saber, J. Mallat, J. Stake, A. V. Räisänen, and T. Närhi, Thermal characterization of THz Schottky diodes using transient current measurements, IEEE Transactions on Terahertz Science and Technology, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 267-276, March 2014.
S. Khanal, T. Kiuru, M. Hoefle, J. Montero, O. Cojocari, J. Mallat, P. Piironen, and A. V. Räisänen, “Characterisation of low-barrier Schottky diodes for millimeter wave mixer applications,” The 9th Global Symposium on Millimeter-Waves, Espoo, Finland, June 2016.
S. Khanal, T. Kiuru, B. Thomas, J. Mallat, C. Pinta, M. Magel, A. Walber, V. Kangas, M. Perichaud, M. Brandt, T. Närhi, and A. V. Räisänen, “Characterisation of THz Schottky diodes for MetOp-SG instruments,” The 26th International Symposium on Space Terahertz Technology, Boston, USA, March 2015
S. Khanal, T. Kiuru, J. Mallat, O. Luukkonen, and A. V. Räisänen, Measurement of dielectric properties at 75 - 325 GHz using a vector network analyzer and full-wave simulator, Radio Engineering Journal: Special Issue on Advanced RF Measurement, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 551-556, June 2012.