Ozgur Tumuklu received his BS degrees from the Department of Physics and Aerospace Engineering of the Middle East Technical University, Turkey. I completed my Ph.D. from UIUC in 2018 with the thesis entitled modeling of shock wave boundary layer interactions and stability using particle approaches. My expertise and interests include computational physics in the applications of fluid dynamics for rarefied non-equilibrium flows, chemically reacting and radiating flows, stability analysis, data-driven methods, and exploitation of high-performance computing approaches for scientific software. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities and reading.
- Ph.D., 2018, Aerospace Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- M.S., 2013 Aerospace Engineering, METU
- B.S., 2009, Physics, Middle East Technical University (METU)
Rarefied gas dynamics, hypersonic flows, reacting and radiating flows, high-performance computing, direct simulation Monte Carlo method, data-driven methods, large eddy simulation, multiphase flows, combustion.
- Teaching and Research Assistant at METU, Turkey (2010-2013)
- Graduate Research Assistant at Penn State University, US (2013-2014)
- Graduate Research Assistant at UIUC, US (2014-2018)
- Software Engineer at Momend Software Company, Turkey (2018-2019)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate at UIUC (2019-2020)
- New Horizon 2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Cofund Award
- NSF Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment Computational Allocation Award, 2020 (PI)
- Tumuklu O., Levin, D.A., and Theofilis V., 2019, Modal analysis with Proper Orthogonal Decomposition of hypersonic separated flows over a double wedge, Physical Review Fluids 4.3: 033403 (Editors’ Suggestion) doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevFluids.4.033403.
- Tumuklu O., Theofilis V., and Levin D.A., 2018, On the unsteadiness of shock-laminar boundary layer interactions hypersonic flows over a double cone, Physics of Fluids 30, 106111 (Featured-Scilights Article) doi.org/10.1063/1.5047791.
- Tumuklu O., Levin, D.A., and Theofilis V., 2018, Investigation of unsteady, hypersonic, laminar separated flows over a double cone geometry using a kinetic approach, Physics of Fluids 30.4: 046103 (Editor’s Pick) doi.org/10.1063/1.5022598.
- Tumuklu, O., Li, Z., and Levin, D.A., 2016, Particle Ellipsoidal Statistical Bhatnagar-Gross-Krook Approach for Simulation of Hypersonic Shocks, AIAA Journal, pp.3701-3716 doi.org/10.2514/1.J054837.
- Tumuklu O. and Levin, D.A., 2018, Particle simulations of the effects of atomic oxygen on ion thruster plumes, Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, pp. 1-12