Jessica is a researcher working with Peter Willis on the development of capillary and microchip electrophoresis methodology for the separation and detection of chiral amino acids in a variety of extraterrestrial analog samples.
- Ph.D., Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Kansas, Lawrence, USA (2014)
- M.S., Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Kansas, Lawrence, USA (2010)
- B.S., Chemistry, Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, USA (2008)
- Using microfluidics (particularly microchip electrophoresis) to provide portable and autonomous analysis in areas where traditional laboratories are not possible.
- Astrobiology and the search for life on other planets.
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, USA (2018-Present).
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, USA (2014-2017). NASA Postdoctoral Program Fellow and Co-I on the PICASSO MILA Project.
- University of Kansas, Lawrence, USA (2008-2014). Graduate Research Assistant, Dept. of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- PATH (Program for Appropriate Technology in Health), Seattle, USA (2011). Research Intern in Technology Solutions.
- Article on chiral amino acid separation selected for ACS Editors’ Choice and sponsored for free open access due to its potential for broad public interest (2017)
- JPL Outstanding Postdoctoral Research Award (2016)
- JPL Outstanding Postdoctoral Research Award (2015)
- NASA Postdoctoral Fellowship at NASA Jet Propulsion Lab (2014)
- FACSS Student Poster Award, FACS SciX Conference (2012)
- Invited speaker at the School of Pharmacy Graduate Honors Symposium (2012)
- Biotechnology Training Grant, NIGMS, NIH (2009-2011)
- Creamer, J. S.; Mora, M. F.; Willis, P. A. “Stability of Reagents used for Chiral Amino Acid Analysis during Spaceflight Missions in High-Radiation Environments” Electrophoresis, Accepted Aug 2018, DOI: 10.1002/elps.201800274
- Mora, M. F.; Jones, S. M.; Creamer, J. S.; Willis, P. A. “Extraction of Amino Acids from Aerogel for Analysis by Capillary Electrophoresis. Implications for a Mission Concept to Enceladus’ Plume” Electrophoresis, 2018, 39 (4), 620-625.
- Creamer, J. S.; Mora, M. F.; Willis, P. A. “Enhanced Resolution of Chiral Amino Acids with Capillary Electrophoresis for Biosignature Detection in Extraterrestrial Samples” Anal. Chem., 2017, 89, 1329-1337.
- Creamer, J. S.; Mora, M. F.; Willis, P. A. “Methods and Processes for Chiral Amino Acid Biosignature Analysis on Spaceflight Missions” NTR-50368
- Willis, P. A.; Creamer, J. S.; Mora, M. F. “Implementation of microchip electrophoresis instrumentation for future space flight missions” Anal. Bioanal. Chem., 2015, 407, 23, 6939-63
- Creamer, J. S.; Oborny, N. J.; Lunte, S. M. “Recent Advances in the Analysis of Recombinant Proteins by Capillary and Microchip Electrophoresis” Anal. Methods, 2014, 6, 5427-5449
- Creamer, J. S.; Krauss, S. T.; Lunte, S. M. “Capillary Electrophoresis Separation of the Desamino Degradation Products of Oxytocin” Electrophoresis, 2014, 35, 563-569