- PhD Polar Remote Sensing, University College London (2012-2016)
- MSci Physics, University College London (2007-2011)
Polar sea ice and oceanography, radar altimetry, sea ice-ocean interactions, Arctic freshwater budget, terrestrial ice sheets
- Caltech Postdoctoral Scholar, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena CA (2017-Present)
- Research Associate, Centre for Polar Observation and Modelling, University College London, London, UK (March-December 2016)
- Young Graduate Trainee, European Space Research and Technology Centre, Noordwijk, The Netherlands (2011-2012)
- International Arctic Science Committee Fellowship 2017 (Marine Working Group)
- Slater, T., A. Shepherd, M. McMillan, T. W. K. Armitage, I. Otosaka and R. J. Arthern, “Compensating changes in the penetration depth of pulse limited radar altimetry over the Greenland ice sheet”, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and remote sensing, accepted.
- Regan, H., C. Lique and T. W. K. Armitage (2019), “The Beaufort Gyre extent, shape, and location between 2003 and 2014”, Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 124.
- Lawrence, I., M. Tsamados, J. Stroeve, T. W. K. Armitage and A. Ridout (2018), “Estimating snow depth over Arctic sea ice from calibrated dual-frequency radar freeboards”, The Cryosphere, 12.
- Armitage, T. W. K., S. Bacon and R. Kwok (2018), “Arctic sea level and surface circulation response to the Arctic Oscillation”, Geophysical Research Letters, 45.
- Kwok R., G. Cunningham and T. W. K. Armitage (2018), “Relationship between specular returns in CryoSat-2 data, surface albedo, and Arctic summer minimum ice extent”, Elementa: Science of the Anthropocene, 6.
- Armitage, T. W. K., R. Kwok, A. F. Thompson and G. Cunningham (2018), “Dynamic topography and sea level anomalies of the Southern Ocean: Variability and teleconnections”, Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 123.
- Wingham, D. J., K. Giles, N. Galin, R. Cullen, T. W. K. Armitage, W. H. F. Smith (2018), “A Semi-Analytical Model of the Synthetic Aperture, Interferometric Radar Altimeter Mean Echo and Echo Cross-Product and its Statistical Fluctuations”, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, 56.
- Skourup, H., S. Farrell, S. Hendricks, R. Ricker, T. W. K. Armitage, A. Ridout, O. B. Andersen, C. Haas and S. Baker (2017), “An Assessment of the State-of-the-Art Mean Sea Surface and Geoid Models of the Arctic Ocean: Implications for Sea Ice Freeboard Derivation”, Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 122.
- Armitage, T. W. K., S. Bacon, A. L. Ridout, A. A. Petty, S. Wolbach and M. Tsamados (2017), “Arctic Ocean surface geostrophic circulation 2003-2014”, The Cryosphere, 11.
- Armitage, T. W. K., S. Bacon, A. L. Ridout, S. F. Thomas, Y. Aksenov and D. J. Wingham (2016), “Arctic sea surface height variability and change from satellite radar altimetry and GRACE, 2003--2014”, Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 121.
- McMillan, M. A. Leeson, A. Shepherd, K. Briggs, T. W. K. Armitage, A. Hogg, P. K. Munneke, M. van den Broeke, B. Noel, W. J. van de Berg, S. Ligtenberg, M. Horwath, A. Groh, A. Muir, L. Gilbert (2016), “A high resolution record of Greenland mass balance”, Geophysical Research Letters, 43.
- Armitage, T. W. K. and A. L. Ridout (2015), “Arctic sea ice freeboard from AltiKa and comparison with CryoSat-2 and Operation IceBridge”, Geophysical Research Letters, 42.
- Armitage, T. W. K., D. J. Wingham and A. L. Ridout (2014), “Meteorological Origin of the Static Crossover Pattern Present in Low-Resolution-Mode CryoSat-2 Data Over Central Antarctica”, IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, 11.
- Armitage, T. W. K. and M. W. J. Davidson (2014), “Using the Interferometric Capabilities of the ESA CryoSat-2 Mission to Improve the Accuracy of Sea Ice Freeboard Retrievals”, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, 52.