Adrian completed his Ph.D. in the department of Electrical Engineering at UCLA with a research focus on CMOS mm-wave imaging, CMOS sub-mm-wave imaging, CMOS mm-wave communications, and CMOS radar systems.
- Ph.D. University of California Los Angeles, Los Angles CA 2012
- M.A.Sc. Ryerson University, Toronto Canada 2008
CMOS circuit and systems for mm-wave transceivers imaging, and radar systems. CMOS mixed-signal and digital ASIC design for mm-wave communication systems.
Avionics and display design engineer, FlightSafety International 2000-2008
- A. Tang, G. Virbila, D. Murphy, F. Hsiao, Y. Wang, Q. Gu, Z. Xu, Y. Wu, M. Zhu, M-C F. Chang, "A 144 GHz 0.76 cm Resolution Sub-Carrier Phase Radar for 3D Imaging Applications" IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference 2012.
- A. Tang, Frank Hsiao, David Murphy, I-Ning Ku, Jenny Y. Liu, Ning-Yi Wang, Sandeep D'Souza, Hao Wu, Yen-Hsiang Wang, Yen-Cheng Kuan, Mandy Tang, Mike Pham, Gabriel Virbila, Derek Yang, Qun Gu, Charles Chien and Mau-Chung Frank Chang, "A Low Overhead Self-Healing Embedded System for Ensuring High Performance Yield and Long-Term Sustainability of a 60GHz 4Gbps Radio-on-a-Chip" IEEE international Solid-State Circuits Conference 2012.
- A.Tang and M-C Frank Chang, "A 183 GHz 13.5mW/pixel CMOS Regenerative Receiver for mm-Wave Imaging Applications", IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference , Vol. 54, pp 296-297, Feb 2011.
- A. Tang, Q. Gu, Z. Xu, G. Virbila, "A 349 GHz 18.2mW/Pixel CMOS Tri-Color Inter-modulated Regenerative Receiver for Color mm-Wave Imaging" IEEE International Microwave Symposium 2012. [Nominated- IMS Best Paper!]
- A.Tang, D. Murphy, F. Hsiao, Qun Gu, Z. Xu, G. Virbila, Y.H. Wang, H. Wu, L. Nan, Y. Wu, and Frank Chang, "A CMOS 135-150 GHz 0.4 dBm EIRP Transmitter with 5.1dB P1dB Extension Using IF Envelope Feed-Forward Gain Compensation" IEEE International Microwave Symposium 2012. [Nominated- IMS Best Paper!]
- A. Tang, David Murphy, Gabriel Virbila, Frank Hsiao, Sai-Wang Tam, Hsing-Ting Yu, Yanghyo Kim, Alden Wong, Alex Wong, Yi-Cheng Wu, Mau-Chung Frank Chang, "D-Band Frequency Synthesis Using a U-band PLL and Frequency Tripler in 65nm CMOS Technology" IEEE International Microwave Symposium 2012. .
- A. Tang, Gabriel Virbila,Yen-Hsiang Wang, Qun Jane Gu, Zhiwei Xu, Li Du,Na Yan, Yu-Hsiu Wu, Yi-Cheng Wu, Mau-Chung Frank Chang, "A 200 GHz 16-pixel Focal Plane Array Imager using CMOS Super Regenerative Receivers with Quench Synchronization" IEEE International Microwave Symposium 2012.
- A. Tang, G. Virbila, T. LaRocca, M. Chang, "A 75-110 GHz Digitally-Probed Artificial Dielectric Phase Demodulator in 65nm CMOS" IEEE International Microwave Symposium 2011.