- Doctor of Philosophy in Life Science (Microbiology), (2010 – 2015) Institute of Microbial Technology (CSIR-IMTECH)
- Master of Science in Biotechnology (2007-2009), (Gold medalist) MNIAS, University of Bikaner, Bikaner
- Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology (2004-2007), MNIAS, University of Bikaner, Bikaner
Research interest includes Microbial taxonomy, Microbial genomics, Metagenomics and Microbial ecology study, analysis and interpretation.
- Postdoctoral fellow at Caltech-JPL NASA, California (Feb 2016 - present)
- Research Fellow at SCELSE, NTU, Singapore (Aug – Oct, 2015)
- Nitin Kumar Singh, Revti Raichand, Ishwinder Kaur, Chandandeep Kaur ,Siddhika Pareek, Shanmugam Mayilraj (2013). Exiguobacterium himgiriensis sp. nov. a novel member of the genus Exiguobacterium, isolated from the Indian Himalayas. Antonie van Leeuwenhoek. 103; 789–796.
- Nitin Kumar Singh, Shailesh Kumar*, Gajendra Pal Singh Raghava, Shanmugam Mayilraj (2013). Draft Genome Sequence of Acinetobacter baumannii Strain MSP4-16. Genome Announcement.
- Nitin Kumar Singh,Chandandeep Kaur*, Narender Kumar, Subramanian Velmurugan, Thavasimuthu Citarasu and Shanmugam Mayilraj (2014). Bacillus aequororis sp. nov., isolated from marine sediment. Curr Microbiol. 69; 758-762.