- Ph. D. in Electrical Engineering – California Institute of Technology (1999)
- M. S. in Electrical Engineering – University of Virginia (1994)
- B. E. in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering – University of Calcutta, India (1987)
- Microwave, millimeter-wave, and terahertz heterodyne and direct detector receivers and instruments
- High frequency radars, terahertz sources, and application of nanotechnology at terahertz frequencies
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory (2005-Present)
- Senior Research Scientist (2015-Present)
- Principal Engineer (2012-2015)
- Senior Engineer (2005-2012)
- California Institute of Technology (1994-Present)
- Visiting Associate in Physics (2006-Present)
- Senior Member of Research Staff (2001-2005)
- Member of Research Staff (1999-2001)
- Graduate Research Assistant (1994-1999)
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (1987-1992)
- Design Engineer (1987-1992)
- Fellow, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) – 2011
- Fellow, Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) – 2014
- IETE Prof. S. N. Mitra Memorial Award – 2014
- IEEE Transactions on Terahertz Science and Technology Best Paper Award – 2014
- IEEE Distinguished Microwave Lecturer Award – 2014
- NASA Group Achievement Award – 2014, 2011, 2009, 2007, and 2005
- JPL Mariner Award – 2013
- G. Chattopadhyay, “Technology, Capabilities, and Performance of Low Power Terahertz Sources,” IEEE Transactions on Terahertz Science and Technology, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 33-53, September 2011.
- K. B. Cooper and G. Chattopadhyay, “Submillimeter-Wave Radar,” IEEE Microwave Magazine, pp. 51-67, November-December 2014.
- N. Chahat, A. Tang, C. Lee, R. Sauleau, and G. Chattopadhyay, “Efficient CMOS Systems with Beam-Lead Interconnects,” IEEE Transactions on Terahertz Science and Technology, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 637-644, July 2015.
- T. Reck, C. Jung-Kubiak, and G. Chattopadhyay, “Measurement of Silicon Micromachined Waveguide Components at 500 to 750 GHz,” IEEE Transactions on Terahertz Science and Technology, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 33-38, January 2014.
- T. Reck and G. Chattopadhyay, “A 600 GHz Asymmetrical Orthogonal Mode Transducer,” IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, vol. 23, no. 11, pp. 569-571, November 2013.
- G. Chattopadhyay, J. Glenn, J. J. Bock, B. Rownd, M. Caldwell, and M. J. Griffin, “Feed Horn Coupled Bolometer Arrays for SPIRE - Design, Simulations, and Measurements,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 51, no. 10, pp. 2139-2146, October 2003.