Tom Roberts is a researcher in the Optical Communications Group in the Telecommunications Section of the Science and Technology division. His research is focused on the design, development and implementation of optics technologies in support of interplanetary optical communications.
- B.S. in Physics at University of Alabama in Huntsville, 1981
- M.S. In Physics at University of Alabama in Huntsville, 1985
- M.S. In Optical Sciences at University of Arizona, 1996
- Ph.D. In Optical Sciences at University of Arizona, 2001
Optical communications, Optical testing, Optical systems, Laser development, Telescope design
- Study of plasmasphere and magentosphere ion populations and distributions at University of Alabama in Huntsville,
- Design and development of low-background infrared detectors at Nichols Research Corporation
- Development of sodium guidestar lasers for astronomical adaptive optics at University of Arizona
- Development of optical communications technologies, designs and systems at JPL
- Nasa Tech Brief awards for innovative developments
- Group achievement awards in Optical Communications
4800 Oak Grove Dr.
Pasadena, CA 91109
Fax Number: 818.393-6142